Watches tend to interact more and more with their environment: for contactless payment, as a key, as a health monitoring device, the Timepiece is moving into the era of connected objects. All these features require energy, but the market won’t sacrifice the fundamental pillars of the watch: aesthetical identity, ease of use, battery life are crucial.
Over the past years Sunpartner has developed Wysips Reflect® (besides 4 other mature technologies), the world’s first and only ultra-thin transparent solar component dedicated to the watch market. In practice, every flat surface in the watch (cover glass, dial, electronic display) can be turned into an energy contributor when combined with Wysips® layer.
Designed for integration during the device manufacturing process, Wysips® significantly enhances user experience by extending the battery life of connected watches.
About Wysips® Reflect
Wysips® Reflect component extend the battery life of smart watches, making it equivalent to regular watches, all while preserving aesthetics.
It is transparent and ultra-thin, and is compatible with different surfaces: glass, opaque surface, reflective display. Minimal additional electronics is required to recharge the battery (DC/DC booster).
The module is a transparent photovoltaic energy harvester, available in different shapes and forms, so it can be integrated into:
- Quartz watches, connected watches
- Protective glass on sensors, mobile phones, IoT, etc
- Every product with a reflective display
The photovoltaic pattern is dedicated to your application, to optimize the module power production and transparency:
- Different patterns are available ; the degree of transparency varies according to device characteristics
- Mixed patterns can be realized on a same surface, to optimize the power production for a specific design (mix of two different transparency rates, or even mix of plain photovoltaic surface and transparent photovoltaic surface)
- The patterns are optimized for reducing optical effects on a reflective screen
- Wysips® Reflect extend connected watch autonomy from +30% to +50%
- Power additional features.
See examples of watches equipped with the Wysips® Reflect technology, as well as raw samples and electronics dedicated, on our booth number H55!